Kay Baldock comments (Mum to Lily & Lochlan :)
- Staff: Mandy, Amy, Lauren, Leanne, Renee, Holli and Ashleigh could not be more lovely. It is reassuring to know that Lily and Lochlan are in such good hands, and we especially love the continuity in the team at Newbies.
- Transition to Kauri Group: Newbies held a parents evening at the start of the year to explain the transition to the Kauri Group and what we should expect. Great evening and very informative, providing insights as to what we could expect when Lily & Lochlan transitioned. We found this really helpful as this enabled us to understand the transition and meant we could also talk to Lily and Lochlan about this.
- Excursions: Love that the team organises trips out, be it strawberry picking, to the theatre, to the local library or exploring the outdoors on the regular walks, and my children love it too. Activities such as these help facilitate social skills and exercise their minds which is great to see, both being full of excitement and questions, pre and post trips.
- Menu: Love the variety of food that the children eat for snacks and lunches, and the fact that the children are taught about what foods are healthy versus unhealthy, junk free June being an example of this. It’s great also to see the kids getting involved too i.e. making dough etc.
- Storypark: As working parents, so great to get the daily updates as to daily activities and menu, it’s a great way of staying connected and up-to-date on what Lily and Lochlan have been up to during the day, and not just for Steven and I, but for our family overseas too.
- Learning stories: It brightens our day no end to receive Lily & Lochlan stories, and so fabulous that we can be involved in their learning in this way.
- Flexibility: We are so grateful to Mandy and Amy and the team, for allowing us flexibility in both drop off and pick up times.
- Resources: Great premises, both inside and out. We especially love the outdoor area, and the covered deck space, allowing the children to spend as much time as possible outside no matter the weather.
- Creative play: Love the variety of activities available the children including the art area, woodwork area, dress-up, as well as organised activities such as PlayBall.
- Sickness: Like that the team are strict on the “stay at home” policy post sickness and also do not hesitate to call either Steven or myself if Lily or Lochlan becomes sick.
- Te Reo: Love that our children are learning to speak and sing in Maori. They are at such a great age to be learning languages.